Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In Sneaks Fear...

Today is the day the invitation went out. OMGoodness! I've never been so nervous in my entire life. I've started this business, I am happy doing this business, and I know it will help make my dreams come true - BUT - in sneaks fear. Can you believe it? I can't! I'm mad! I didn't choose fear.

Sitting here at my desk I wanted to procrastinate but I knew in my soul if I did then the invitation wouldn't go out and my dream of hosting gatherings to bring my friends together to promote my new business and their businesses would go out the window. The very first one would end up cancelled and I would have let myself down - AGAIN.

So, I opened up my list of contacts. Mind you this list has everyone from agents, editors and fellow writers to Red's school friends, our family, and people I've known since I was little. Who will I invite? I’m going to be so embarrassed! No one will come to this. See, there's this thing known as negative self talk. Can you hear yourself asking these same questions about something you always wanted to do?

Earlier this year, God handed me this thought to bring my friends together to network, talk about our dreams, and share with one another our small businesses. At the time I was focused on my graphic design business and though I wanted to promote myself, I just wasn't confident enough. So, my idea of bringing my friends together to promote and support each other went out the window.

Then, God handed me another opportunity. This opportunity. And with it, my interest in bringing my friends together to promote and support one another was affirmed.

I didn't let negative self talk stop me from sending out invitations this morning. I sent them to 30; yes I said 30, of my closest friends. I wouldn't have known I had so many friends if it weren't for this invitation. I'm so excited and can't wait to bring everyone together to meet my new friends Don and Bobbie Boyken. To hear them tell their story you'd think every opportunity is that of Divine Intervention.

My first Business Preview is on September 15th at 7:00 PM here at my house. If you'd like to come, meetsome great folks, eat good food,and laugh - a lot, say the word and I'll get you on the list.

Shameless marketing for Tuesday, September 6, 2011: Become a Real Life Entrepreneur! Come to the Business Preview to find out how. E-mail me. Visit my iCommerce site. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there but weeknights are out for me. I am hoping you will schedule a meeting over weekend sometime; I definitely want to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete